Warning: Full Frontal Lewdity

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

2112


As today is 2/1/12 I must acknowledge the band Rush.  A big favorite of my husband .  He has passed his love on to our children.  Their ipods are full of Bytor and Tom Sawyer Flying by Night to Xanadu.


I do enjoy Rush but not the way my menfolk do.


The Hubs can give you many reason why Rush should be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and why they will never be there but if he wants to rant he can get his own damn blog :)


A few thoughts on the Canadian Trio that is Rush - 


The first time I ever heard of Rush was back in the late 70s/early 80s.  My best friend at the time had an older brother Jeff.  Hilary and I listened to Loverboy.  Jeff listened to Rush.  Turns out, he had better musical taste. 


Neil is my favorite he is cute and smart and one hell of a drummer


Rush's song Red Sector A led to a great discussion with my kids about the Holocaust. 


My favorite Rush album is probably Grace Under Pressure.  But the live Exit Stage Left is pretty good too


The song Freewill reminds me of my Grandpa. And this is why - A few years ago I had just learned that my Grandfather didn't have much time to live.  Alan Jackson's  Sissy's Song came on the radio.  I though to my self.  I'll bet this song gets played at a lot of funerals but Grandpa would rather hear Freewill.  Sort of random but now the song reminds me of him.  


My sweet brother-in-law was buried with Rush CDs


Best Rush in Pop culture moment  - Paul Rudd  in I Love You Man "Slappa da bass"
I love you man - click here


I just saw Rush doggy T-shirts in the clearance bin at the pet store.  We don't own a dog but I can think of a few stuffed animals that could rock a Rush tee.




Whenever we pass the Getty gas station my whole family becomes Geddy Lee's grandmother shouting Geddy, Geddy in our wannabe eastern European accents.  Geddy's real name is Gary but it sounded like Geddy coming from his grandma's mouth


Neil's book Ghost Rider is a lovey book.  Read it. "It chronicled Peart's motorcycletrips throughout North America, and Central America in the late 1990s, as he contemplated his life and came to terms with his grief over the deaths of his daughter Selena in August 1997, and his wife Jackie in June 1998." from wikipedia


One of Monkey Ones favorite songs - YYZ


One for Monkey Two - Roll the Bones


One for Me - Freewill


In other music news - RIP Don Cornelius from Soooooooooooooul Traaaaaaaaaaain.





No comments: