Warning: Full Frontal Lewdity

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Chef Monkey

So my First Born (FB) claims he  doesn't need to learn how to cook.  He can use the toaster, the microwave and order carry out.  Since I sincerely believe he will be well off financially as an adult I guess his lack of kitchen knowledge is okay.

Monkey in the Middle (MM) wants to be a Rockstar.  Luckily he also enjoys cooking. A skill to get him through the lean years before he makes it big time.  I know he will be a bachelor with proficient kitchen skills like his Father and Maternal Grandfather before him.  MM is very self sufficient.  He  makes his own snacks, bowls  of cereal, hot dogs etc.  He also enjoys experimenting in the kitchen.  Just last week he came up with a pretty darn good limeade recipe. And his signature dish is cheesy crackers.  Ritz or club crackers with melted cheese. (One of his first dishes was soggy crackers, crackers dipped in water or milk - Ewww, no one wanted to share) Because of this he can also make his own Nachos. (Yes K.A. the same ones your mom invented LOL) Besides a plethora of baked goods I have taught MM  how to make pancakes, mashed potatoes and cheese burgers.  Next he would like to learn roasted potatoes.  Soon I hope he will try a recipe with more then two or three ingredients.  MM also has very good knife skills.  I can trust him to chop fruits and vegetables into large pieces.  Eventually he can try  mincing. 

So I wasn't too surprised the other day when I came into the kitchen to find MM making toaster waffles and cheesy crackers. "Why are you making so much food"I asked

"Well Mom" he replied "If I can make two dishes at once I won't be just a novice chef anymore"

Love that boy!!


No comments: