Warning: Full Frontal Lewdity

Monday, May 21, 2012

And we got nothing to be guilty of

Ahh who doesn't have a guilty pleasure or two or twelve.  I am starting a new feature all about my guilty pleasures.  I have plenty so look for another list next week.

It's Guilty Pleasure Monday Y'all!

Eating - Kraft Macaroni and Cheese.  Kraft sells 300 million boxes per year so I am not the only one who loves this stuff.  Powered Cheese Food Yum.  Like the Bare Naked Ladies even if I had a million dollars I would still eat Kraft Dinner.


Listening - "Easy Like Sunday Morning" by Lionel Richie.  I have tortured my family with this and I don"t care.  Recently Lionel Richie released a greatest hits gone country album called Tuskegee.  He does an Easy Duet with Willie Nelson.  Swoon! My girl friend likes to joke that I am just like Sunday morning - Easy.  But I'm not cheap.  Then again...Mac and Cheese don't cost much.



Watching - Beverly Hills 90210.  Old School style.  In all it's "Donna Martin Graduates", "I hate you both, don't every talk to me again" glory.  When I was preggo 90210 was on Soapnet at 5pm every evening.  I watched every freakin' episode.  Kelly is snob, Kelly is a cheater, Kelly is in a fire, Kelly is raped, Kelly is addicted to drugs Kelly is going to get married, Kelly gets shot, Kelly is sweet and grounded.  Every freakin' episode and I would do it again.

Reading - Personal Ads.  Personal Ads used to be much easier to find before the days of on-line dating.  If you wanted to find the freaks you would read the City Paper.  If you wanted the real freaks you looked to the Washingtonian magazine.  I worked in an office that got the Washingtonian delivered.  I loved the personal ads.  Mostly because if was full of married rich white guys looking for "discrete, no strings attached nooners with hot young things who would be wined and dined for their trouble"  Yes, just like legal prostitution.  Now days my favorite personal ads are on "missed connections"on craigslist. These really speak to the romantic in me. Will the "hot guy in the blue sweater on the orange line" call the "girl wearing a mini skirt with the dorky laugh"?  I hope so "they talked for a while and (she) really should have asked for your number"  Man, I want those two to find each other.


Etc. - Dancing in my kitchen.  I listen to Pandora on the computer in my kitchen and boogie my way through dishes and dinner prep.  Good Times.  But I am a stone cold white girl with very little rhythm so no pictures please.  On the other hand I do an awesome Mick Jagger impersonation.  (This would be the perfect place to put in the video for "Moves Like Jagger"  but I refuse to like that song on account of the only one who has moves like Jagger is Jagger. So here is a song I love from a movie I love)




One last note - The title of this post is from the Bee Gees (with Barbra Streisand)  song "Guilty".  RIP Robin Gibb.  I am not a big fan of Disco but I do love me some Bee Gees.  I even had your guitar when I was a kid.  My favorite Robin Gibb (other then Robin himself of course) is Justin Timberlake on the Barry Gibb Talk show.  A Pleasure for sure.  And not one I am the least bit guilty about. Click here to watch some Barry Gibb Talk Show

No comments: