Warning: Full Frontal Lewdity

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Artist of the Day - Edgar Allan Poe


Happy Birthday Edgar Allan Poe.  Honestly I won't claim that EAP is a favorite author but I do have an appreciation.  I find  the fascination with him fascinating.  The stranger leaving roses on his grave.  People trying to catch the stranger etc. etc.  Plus he grew up in Virginia so Mad Props.

Here are some random thoughts on the man - 

My favorite poem is Annabel Lee.  Mostly I think it I like it because it reminds me of my friend Robin.  Turns out my friend Kathleen loves this poem too.

Best EAP parody is from the Simpson's 

I had to write something about The Masque of the Red Death in College.  I don 't remember what I wrote but I am sure it was brilliant

If you want to buy a neat print of Poe check out this piece by this dude I know.  Poe

No comments: