Warning: Full Frontal Lewdity

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

“Oh, he’s very popular, Ed. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, dickheads – they all adore him. They think he’s a righteous dude.”

So unless you have been living under a rock or just don't give a shit you know that Matthew Broderick is starring in  a Ferris Bueller's Day Off themed commercial for Honda.  I heard about it  from my best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend who heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who told me about he commercial. In fact many of you have surly watched said commercial as it has spread faster then toddler snot on your newest dress. (or your only dress if you are me) 


I have yet to see the commercial. I really want to but I frakin' Love Ferris!  You can keep your Breakfast Clubs and your 16 Candles.  I'll take Ferris Bueller.  I am worried that the commercial will ruin part of my love. Sure Ferris was a schemer, a cheat, a young man just skating through life.  Who cares!  He was in High School and he was freaking adorable.   Girls love bad boys who will take them on an adventure. And in my world Ferris grew up and made something of himself.  Also Ferris was a total geek in the best sense of the world.  Only a brainic would come up with the sleeping machine and think to record himself out possible trouble. "Oh, I'm sorry. I can't come to the door right now. I'm afraid that in my weakened condition, I could take a nasty spill down the stairs and subject myself to further school absences. You can reach my parents at their places of business. Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your concern for my well-being. Have a nice day! " 


 I doubt I could be Ferris.  I am no longer that  confident  in  myself and such debauchery makes me uncomfortable.  I don't want to be a Cameron,  neurotic and worried all the time. "Pardon my French, but Cameron is so tight that if you stuck a lump of coal up his ass, in two weeks you'd have a diamond. "  But, alas, I am a Cameron.  Sure I would call Mr. Rooney and go along with Ferris' fun but in the back of my mind I would be slightly miserable until  I broke . "Who do you love? Who do you love? You love a car! "


It is hard enough to see Matthew Brodrick age. Maybe it's because now he is mostly a theater actor and likes to go for real  but frankly he looks a wee bit more haggard then some of his Hollywood peers.  I don't like a real pretty boy but sometime a girl wants to suspend her disbelief and pretend her HS crush doesn't  age or at least ages really  gracefully.   I imagine that George Clooney  probably gets up bright eyed, bushy tailed and smelling good.  He is in the kitchen making me coffee and waffles.  Matthew snores, wakes up scratches himself, hits the snooze alarm.  Yes just like a real husband.  Of course I'll bet that is the kind of dude Ferris turned into.  Sweet and cuddly Who needs breakfast in bed when you can laugh together for the rest of your life. Holy  Sweet Epiphany Batman!  I think I might have married a Ferris.  A slightly bad, wee bit nerdy boy who turned into a real good man.  Sweet!  (PS He will never admit, but it's true) 


I just don't want this commerical to be a sell out out.  I don't want one of my favorite all time, most quoted, watch a few minutes when ever I stumble upon it on TV,  movies to come down to an ad for an SUV.  A Freakin' SUV man.  But then again,  at least Ferris  finally has a car.  He wanted a car he got a computer.


Anyway like I said I have yet to watch this commercial.  Not sure if I should.  This is uh... This is ridiculous, ok I'll watch, I'll watch, I'll watch, What - I'LL WATCH.  Shit!


Here is it - 


I love it!  Feeling so much better about Matthew and Ferris. Matthew is still frakin' adorable.   I loved the moment at the Natural History museum take on Chicago art museum.  Loved, "control yourself woman".  Loved the parade.  No "Danke Schoen" but good.  Ferris' Danke Schoen will always be best.  Suck it Wayne Newton!  Pretty, Pretty Good Honda.  I will not have to boycott your product for the rest of my life.  And I will be able to continue to watch Matthew B without thinking he ruined something good just so he could have a Super Bowl commercial credit under his belt.  Ahhhh, sigh of relief.......


What you're still reading?  It's over! Go on get out of here. 

1 comment:

Felicia Munford said...

LOVE this post....love the commercial, too!!