Warning: Full Frontal Lewdity

Friday, March 18, 2011

Heart and Sole

I love shoes.  They are my favorite accessory.  However in Mommywood it's difficult and often impractical to wear the shoes I really like.  I dream of a future when all of my children are in school, I am back to work and shoe wardrobe improves.  But maybe I should just wear impractical shoes now anyway?  They say everything goes with jeans right? Then again trudging through mud and creeks and such in 4 inch heels doesn't seem wise, nor does running after a crazy fast toddler.  Boo Hoo.


Here are some great future shoes

Compare to the boring shit I wear now




In the mean time a list of songs about shoes -

New Shoes - Paolo Nutini 

Angles want to wear my shoes - Elvis Costello

Sailing Shoes - Robert Palmer

Blue Suede Shoes - Elvis

These Boots were made for Walkin' - Nancy Sinatra

Old Brown Shoe - The Beatles

Diamonds on the Soles of her Shoes - Paul Simon

Boogie Shoes - KC and the Sunshine Band

Fairies Wear Boots - Black Sabbath

Those Shoes - The Eagles

Hi-heel Sneakers - Jose Feliciano version

Goody Two Shoes - Adam Ant

My Adidas - Run DMC 

Tequila - Okay this isn't about shoes but Pee Wee Herman does his famous Pink Shoe Dance to this song

1 comment:

Kat said...

Never understood "the shoe obession" that woman have...I wanna be comfortable! However purses...ah....purses!
Anyway...all I really have to add here was that there was also a band in the 90's called "NU SHUZES" (spelling?) So the band name is a tribute I guess. No songs by them about shoes though...I believe their biggest hit was "Baby I Can't Wait..." maybe they couldn't wait for their new shoes? LOL!