Warning: Full Frontal Lewdity

Friday, February 11, 2011

In Defense of the Giant Dancing Mouse

Yes I often refer to Chuck E. Cheese as the Dirty Rat and sort of act disdainful at the thought of bringing my children there but the truth is I like Chuck E. Cheese.  It seems much brighter and cleaner then I remembered from the few times I went there as a kid.(or am I remembering Showbiz? see below) Yes sometimes it is a little crazy and loud and chaos filled but often times so is my regular life.  

Last night I took the boys to the Chuck for a Spirit Night at their school.  20% of the nights profit go to the Elem School.  So why not?  We had fun.  Surprisingly it's Tenacious Toddler (TT) that can't stop talking about Chuck E.  Last night whenever the person in the the Chuck E. costume would come out to greet the patrons,dance and high five the kids TT could not keep his eyes off the mouse.  In fact TT even let Chuck E. give him a hug.  This is the kid who looks suspiciously at adults he knows.  (Note to adult friends, want the kid to like you, try putting on green pants and dancing to bad pop songs) Thanks to coupons we got a good deal We spent over 2 hours at the Chuck.  The 4 of us ate pizza and the kids had a tons of tokens.  I let Monkey in the Middle (MM) have an decaffeinated soda.  Little did I know he kept going back for refills.  3 cups later....Slight Bad Mommy moment.  The boys won lots of tickets and walked away with some prizes.  The funny part was First Born (FB) won the most tickets but rather then pick one big prize spent all his tickets on candy.  If you love Sweet Tarts I know were he keeps his stash.  I would say he wouldn't miss a pack or too but I'm sure he has counted the candy.  However I know he would be happy to sell you some :)

Another reason I like the Chuck - I kick major ass at skee ball.  For a time my high score of the night was up on the big score board. w00t!!    Also I love that for one token I can get a cute picture of me and my kid.  Apparently it is sketched by Chuck E. himself but I am skeptical Ha Ha.  The Chuck E. Cheese photo booth has become my Olan Mills.  The Hubs even has a few photos on his office wall.  Last, I just like playing with my kids, it was fun trailing TT around while he pushed buttons with a big smile on his  face.  Some day all the kids will be old enough that I can just hang out in a booth and read while they play.  It will be a nice break.  Oh who am I kidding I'll be racking up the points at Skeeball

PS Last night I was talking to a friend about Chuck E. competitor Showbiz Pizza.  Anyone remember Showbiz with it's mascot Billy Bob the redneck banjo playing bear?  I had forgotten until I had my memory jogged last night.  Today I googled and the memories came back.  I know I've been to one.  Michigan, Hawaii??  Apparently Showbiz merged with Chuck E. Cheese in the early 90s and Billy Bob and his band mate were laid to rest.  RIP

No comments: