Warning: Full Frontal Lewdity

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Snuggle up with these Covers

My Favorite Cover Songs
random order 
The First Person to tell me the Original Artists wins
one will be tricky as there are several different songs with the same name

Higher Ground - Red Hot Chili Peppers
All Along the Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix
Jolene - Zac Brown Band
Graceland - Willie Nelson
Under Pressure - Ben Harper and the Relentless 7
Boys N-the-hood - Dynamite Hack
Satisfaction - Devo
Knocking on Heaven's Door - Warren Zevon or Guns n Roses
It's My Party - Amy Winehouse
Voodoo Chile - Stevie Ray Vaughn
Proud Mary - Ike and Tina Turner
Respect - Aretha Franklin
Light My Fire - Jose Feliciano
The Man That Sold the World - Nirvana
Shine - Dolly Parton
Hurt - Johnny Cash
With a Little Help from my Friends - Joe Cocker
Wonderwall - Ryan Adams
I Thank You - ZZTop
Stars Go Blue - Tim McGraw


A few great covers that are also good for a couple of laughs

My Humps - Alanis Morissette
Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds - The Shat aka William Shatner
Whip My Hair Jimmy Fallon as Neil Young with Bruce Springsteen (check it out below)
Whip My Hair

Update - Here is a list of the original artists, per the request of my Sweet Mama.  If you still wanna play my guessing game Stop now, don't scroll down.



Higher Ground - Stevie Wonder
All Along the Watchtower - Bob Dylan
Jolene - Ray LaMontagne (This is not the great Dolly Parton song but a fabulous song just the same) 
Graceland - Paul Simon
Under Pressure -Queen with David Bowie
Boys N-the-hood - Easy E
Satisfaction - Rolling Stones 
Knocking on Heaven's Door - Bob Dylan
It's My Party - Leslie Gore
Voodoo Chile - Jimi Hendrix 
Proud Mary - CCR - think this one is tricky as a lot of peep think Ike and Tina were first
Respect - Otis Redding 
Light My Fire - The Doors 
The Man That Sold the World - David Bowie 
Shine - Collective Soul
Hurt - Nine Inch Nails
With a Little Help from my Friends - The Beatles
Wonderwall - Oasis
I Thank You - Issac Hayes 
Stars Go Blue - Ryan Adams 


A few great covers that are also good for a couple of laughs

My Humps - Black Eyed Peas
Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds - The beatles 
Whip My Hair - Willow Smith

1 comment:

Susan L. Manuel said...

So, please tell us who did the original recordings for all of these. I'm too old to know some, but the covers that are from really old songs are the ones I do know.