Warning: Full Frontal Lewdity

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Two-Faced or Tea-Faced??

I am wondering if I am a hypocrite.  I am afraid it's true and it seems I don't really care.

As some of you know I like to put my money were my mouth is.  I didn't buy Dominios Pizza for years and years because the founder and many board members gave money to anti-choice organizations.  Nowadays I could eat their pizza as there is no one left in charge to boycott any more but I haven't as my city has so many better pizza choices.  I try not to shop at Walmart and when I must, I feel a little dirty.  I will not work out at Curves as the founder sends a lot of his profits to organizations that promote abstinence only programs in public schools.  I have not gone looking for any dirt on my beloved Target because what would I do with out Target?  I am at Target so much Nathan calls all such store from Walgreens to Giant grocery store Target.

Anyway here is my conundrum.  Chick-Fil-A - Adored Southern institution know for tasty chicken and fabulous sweet tea.  Recently I read that Chick-fil-a gave a bunch of free food to a Christian organization in PA that is strictly against same sex marriage.  Now is this enough for me to stop spending my money at Chick-fil-a?  On one hand I support same sex marriage.  I think two people in love should have equal rights. On the other hand I know that Chick-fil-a prides it self on being a Christan Family based company.  I have no problems with that except when I really need a sweet tea on Sunday.  (It's always a Sunday when ya drive up to the drive thru and think Score!, no line, then you slap yourself upside the head cuz it's Sunday and they are closed) Also I think Chick-fil-a gives freely  food to various organizations and that the company was just sending food to other Christians.  I don't know that the Chick-Fil-a Corporation has taken a firm stance on same sex marriage one way or the other.  

So, to boycott or not to boycott, that is the question:
 Whether is is nobler to my stomach to support a company,
 And their outrageous fortune,
Or to snub delicious sweet tea,
And by opposing end them? To die (of thirst)

Maybe I am a hypocrite but I think this time I will give Chick-fil-a a pass.  But just know, I am keeping an eye on you.  More slip ups like this and I'll get you my pretty and your spotted cow mascot too!


1 comment:

arlenejross said...

I know exactly what you mean...about Chick-Fil-A and ESPECIALLY Target. I have a friend who is in a same sex marriage and has publicly denounced Chick-Fil-A and to show support for him I've given the one on my way home from clinicals a pass. It has been pretty easy to do though because they don't have a drive through and usually when I am on my way home from a 12 hour clinical I am NOT in the mood to park and go in- I may as well just wait until I get home and fix myself something to eat since I have to put EFFORT in it sheesh!
On Facebook one of his (my friend who called for the boycott) friends commented about how they don't eat there anymore and won't shop at Target either "for the things they have done." It took me about 3 seconds to make a conscious decision Not to GOOGLE that...like you, I just love that place too much and don't want to know. It would actually have to be pretty bad for me to stop shopping there.
Great post!