Warning: Full Frontal Lewdity

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Soups On!

Souper Bowl - 

French Onion vs Cream of Chicken and Rice

Okay for reals ya'll.  I, like many folks, really don't give a hoot about Football but somehow manage to watch the Superbowl every year.  Mostly I watch for commercials and to hang out with my family eating pizza and ice cream.  This year was fun because we were all rooting for the same team.  The Green Bay Packers.  As a girl born in the Midwest I hafta say "Go Pack Go!!"

Here are some highlights. - 

"I"mostly watched for the commercials (fav. Little Darth Vader and hating on Justin Beiber)  but he is trying to learn the rules of the game.  Luckily he has a good teacher in the Hubs. Hubs, who when not watching the game was telling the boys (each time a wee bit louder) "Sit down. Stop standing in front of the TV, I can't see"  I used to know how to say "Donkey meat is not transparent" in Spanish.  Wish I still remembered it, it would have come in handy.

"N" was determined to drink Daddy's beer.  At one point he was just crying and jumping up and down "Beer, Beeeer, I drink beer"  finally he got over it and settled for chocolate milk.  Then he got mad at me because I refused to put his half eaten soggy cookie in my pocket.  Oy Vey!

"J" told me "I like the Packers, they pack my lunch.  I don't like the Steelers, they steal my lunch and drop steel on my head."

The funniest part of the night happened early.  Right after Christina sang the National Anthem.  Or should I say ruined the national anthem, I looks over at "J" who had a fake look of horror on his face.

Me: J what's wrong.
J:  I'm scared.
Me: Scared, what are you scared about?
J: I'm scared I am going to go to sleep and wake up in the middle of the night to find that lady standing over my bed singing to me


Even for a half assed Football fan, it was a pretty good game.  Also it was a fast game. Bonus! And the Packers took it home.  Suck it Pittsburgh! 

No comments: